We believe that music is a universal language that embodies creativity, expression and individuality. In providing the children with a high quality musical experience, we hope to inspire and nurture their talents and increase confidence. Throughout their school life, the children will learn a wide variety of music including.
Aims and Objectives
• Foster a real joy for music and to embed a culture of performance within the school
• Sing and play musical instruments confidently with increasing sense of pitch, expression and fluency
• Develop an understanding of the history of music though a varied, inspiring and robust music curriculum
• Compose and improvise music both individually and in groups
• Listen to, appreciate and analyse a wide range of musical styles from great composers and musicians using the inter-related dimensions of music
• Develop an understanding of music from different cultures and from around the world