In the academic year, 2017-2018 Birchfield School will receive £21,910 in Sports Premium funding provided by the government. The primary objective of the funding is to develop or add to the P.E.S.S.P.A (Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity) that Birchfield already enjoys. Furthermore we will build capacity and capability within school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. In line with these expectations our funding will be used towards the employment of P.E specialists to work across the Prince Albert Community Trust. The funding is expected to facilitate improvements against 5 key performance indicators:
- 1- Engaging pupils in regular physical activity- kick- starting healthy active lifestyles.
- 2- Raising the profile of P.E and school sport.
- 3- Increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E and sport.
- 4- Offering a broad experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils.
- 5- Increased participation in competitive school sport
Following a self-review of P.E and school sport provision we have identified key priorities for the academic year of 2017-2018 against the 5 expected outcomes. It is important to note that all actions from the previous academic years report will continue in line with ensuring sustainability. This report will focus on strategies for further improvement in P.E.S.S.P.A. This is a live document and will be updated throughout the academic year. The report will be finalised in July 2018 including a full review of the academic year 2017-2018.