In the academic year, 2019 - 2020 Birchfield Primary School will receive £21,890 in Sports Premium funding provided by the government. The primary objective of the funding is to enhance the existing P.E.S.S.P.A (Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity) provision that Birchfield School already offers. We aim to build capacity within school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils and staff for many years to come. To meet these outcomes our funding will be used towards the employment of P.E specialists to work across the Prince Albert Community Trust.
The funding is expected to facilitate improvements against five key performance indicators:
- 1 - The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- 2 - The profile of PESSPA being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- 3 - Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- 4 - Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- 5 - Increased participation in competitive school sport
Following a self-review of P.E and school sport provision we have identified key priorities for the academic year of 2020 – 2021 against the five expected outcomes. This report will focus on strategies to further improvement in the existing provision of P.E.S.S.P.A at Birchfield School. This is a live document and will be updated throughout the academic year. We will publish this academic year’s outcomes in July 2021.
Our aim is to continue to develop our outstanding physical education and school sport offer for all children in order to achieve the above objectives.
This report will focus on strategies for further improvement in P.E.S.S.P.A. This is a live document and will be updated throughout the academic year. The report will be finalised in July 2020 including a full review of the academic year 2019-2020.