Our school values are:
Determination, Respect, Curiosity, Ambition,
Resilience and Empathy
At Birchfield School children will learn to become:
articulate, literate, numerate, knowledgeable,
technically able, confident, happy,
We aim to:
- provide a structured, caring, learning environment, using those experiences which children bring to school.
- form positive partnerships between home, school and community.
- prepare children for living in a multicultural society and build upon the strengths of cultural diversity.
- provide equal access to a curriculum which promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- to deliver a curriculum which aims to provide opportunities for all pupils to learn and to achieve.
- prepare children for their future role in society developing their knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Birchfield School seeks to ensure that children are:
- literate, numerate and articulate with a broad general knowledge.
- equipped in knowledge, skills and attitudes for living in a modern technological world.
- fit, healthy, positive and happy.
- independent, confident and enquiring.
- self-confident, self-motivated, self-disciplined.
- able to respect and work with others.
- fair and objective and able to make informed choices.
- positive in their attitude towards issues of race, gender and disability.
- confident in the use of their home language and knowing that it is valued in the school environment.